As an early career RN, you will, or have been, asked to serve as the Charge Nurse on your unit. Even if your manager has prepared you for this step, you may find yourself asking, "How do I make this work for me, the other people I am working with, and my patients?"
What does it take to be an excellent charge nurse?
The authority of a manager...the insight of a psychologist...the patience of a saint...the crisis intervention skills of a counselor...and the tact of a diplomat.
This live, free, interactive webinar will provide early career RNs with tips and tools they can use the first time -- and every time -- they are asked to be in charge.
- How your practice from Day 1 on the unit may (or may not) prepare you for the charge nurse role
- Cultivating relationships that will provide support to you in this important role
- How to set priorities when you are the charge nurse
- Rolling it out: Your first time as a charge nurse!
- How to avoid common pitfalls and traps
- "How'd I do?": Seeking and using external (and internal) feedback
This program will help you learn to take charge more confidently – and that will make a significant difference to you, your coworkers, and your patients.